- FIXED - Improved the archive date filter algorithm to reduce potential URL hacking attack vectors
- FIXED - A bug that would occur if you did not specify a Content ID in stack settings for certain Armadillo stacks
- IMPROVED - Now using %relativeSiteAssetPath% instead of %sideAssetPath% for better compatibility with certain RW projects
- FIXED - A bug introduced in v2.9.1 which would prevent the completion of online setup
- IMPROVED - Messages displayed on the login screen are now more accurate
- NEW - Blog posts can now be back-dated from 1950 onwards to the current year
- NEW - The Phoenix time zone is now available for selection
- FIXED - After a dashboard session times out you are directed to the login screen
- NEW - Armadillo is now localized in Korean!
- FIXED - Dropbox support is fully restored and functional
- FIXED - Errors occurring under PHP 7.1 and 7.2
- IMPROVED - Version numbers across all Armadillo stacks are now consistent
- FIXED - Compatibility with database configurations where the ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY sql_mode setting is enabled.
- NEW - Armadillo is now localized in Portuguese!
- FIXED - An issue where content would appear in Markdown during edit mode, after being saved using the Basic Text editor.
- IMPROVED - The post title is now included as part of the "read more" URL generated by the Blog Headlines stack for a post preview
- IMPROVED - FontAwesome has been updated to v4.6.3
- FIXED - Navigation links to Armadillo Pages created by the Menu stack have been corrected
- IMPROVED - The post title is now included as part of the URL generated by the Blog Headlines stack
- IMRPOVED - Adjustments to the Spanish localization
- NEW - Danish language support for the content editor tooltips.
- NEW - The "Read More" indicator text for the Blog Headlines stack is now a link to the relevant post.
- FIXED - A bug introduced in v2.7.2 which could prevent content from being displayed.
- FIXED - A bug which prevented a category from being displayed in the Blog Navigation, if that category was exactly the same as a tag.
- FIXED - An issue which could prevent the Czech localization from displaying correctly on certain hosting configurations.
- FIXED - Changed how the
armadilloContent class is applied to the Blog stack so that Custom Styles are applied as expected.
- NEW - Armadillo is now grouped by the CMS, Online Editing and Blog tags in the Stacks 3 interface.
- IMRPOVED - Adjustments to the German localization.
- FIXED - A bug which caused an error to display when using the main Armadillo stack on the same page as other Armadillo stacks.
- FIXED - An error caused by a certain database configuration setting which would prevent Armadillo from saving content.
- NEW - The Blog Headlines stack can now display the full HTML content of posts, if desired. Alternatively, you can choose to just have images included with the post preview.
- NEW - You can now choose a specific post to display in the Blog Headlines stack, when you've selected only one post to be shown.
- NEW - You can now select a "Basic" text editor which removes many of the extra formatting options available in the standard rich text editor.
- IMPROVED - The Content ID you specify in stack settings for the Solo Content stack, is displayed for you on the page in Stacks Edit mode, as well as on the live page when editing.
- IMRPOVED - Adjustments to the Czech localization.
- FIXED - A bug which prevented archived posts from displaying in the correct order.
- FIXED - The Blog URL as specified in the Settings tab of Armadillo's dashboard was not being used to generate links to individual posts in certain situations. This is now resolved.
- FIXED - An error message that would occur if no Blog pages are created and you try to visit the Pages tab in the online dashboard.
- NEW - A Czech localization for Armadillo is now available!
- FIXED - A bug which would prevent meta content from being displayed correctly if the main Armadillo stack was used together on the same page as the Armadillo Blog stack.
- REVERTED - The main Armadillo stack can display pages created via the online dashboard again. This feature was used by a few people, who made it very clear it was critical for their projects. Please note, only Pages can be displayed by the main Armadillo stack. The new Armadillo Page stack will remain available, for those who prefer to build their projects in RapidWeaver by that method.
- REVERTED - The "Primary Navigation Menu" and "Default Content" options have been restored in Armadillo's Settings tab.
- NEW - A dedicated Armadillo Menu stack. We recommend using this stack rather than the "importArmadilloMenu" snippet when possible - it's much easier!
- IMPROVED - The live "on the page" edit button for Solo Content has a higher z-index value, to try and make sure it remains clickable when used with various themes.
- FIXED - A bug which would prevent a page's content from appearing when you used the Blog and main Armadillo stacks together on the same page.
- NEW - The main Armadillo stack no longer displays any content. Use the Blog, Solo Content and new Page stacks to show content created in Armadillo.
- NEW - A dedicated Armadillo Page stack.
- NEW - The Armadillo "Primary Navigation Menu" option is now removed. Dedicated content stacks added in RapidWeaver now replace this functionality, as those menu items are generated by RapidWeaver in the site's navigation.
- NEW - The Armadillo "Default Content" option is now removed, as the main Armadillo stack no longer displays content.
- IMPROVED - Single quotes in meta content are no longer escaped.
- FIXED - Meta content for the main Blog page (showing all posts created) is now added correctly.
- FIXED - An issue that would prevent social sharing code from displaying on a main blog page listing all posts for that blog.
- FIXED - The page title and meta content for individual posts displayed when using the Armadillo Blog stack, now is added to the page as expected.
- FIXED - A "missing index" error which could occur on some hosting platforms if certain fields were left empty (like meta content, etc.)
- FIXED - An issue preventing the lightbox from automatically displaying linked images for Solo Content stacks.
- FIXED - The character limit for post previews displayed by the Blog Headlines stack now works as expected.
- IMPROVED - The Finnish localization has been tweaked to improve usability.
- IMRPOVED - The backup file created during a database update now uses periods instead of colons, since some filesystems don't allow colons to be used in filenames.
- FIXED - A lingering issue introduced in v2.5.8 which was not completely resolved in v2.5.9 is now fixed. Definitely this time. Let us know if you still see any problmes!
- FIXED - An error introduced by the previous update, which would appear when visiting the Posts and Content tab, is now fixed.
- FIXED - The blog post date format now checks for Windows hosting and, if detected, adjusts the formatting so it works as expected.
- FIXED - The blog entry author's full name would not be displayed when viewing the individual post, if that option was selected. This is now fixed.
- FIXED - The "New Post" link in the main dashboard tab now points to the Posts tab, so that you can select the correct blog with which to associate the new post.
- FIXED - The blog entry date would not be displayed when viewing an individual post, for certain date formats. This has now been resolved.
- FIXED - Incorrect and unrelated categories and tags no longer appear when viewing individual posts.
- FIXED - Comments now displayed based on each individual and specific blog setting, rather than on the general one which had been stored in options prior to v2.5
- FIXED - Categories and tags display now correctly respects the setting chosen for that specific blog
- IMPROVED - Previewing the Blog Navigation stack no longer displays portions of PHP code
- FIXED - A problem introduced in v2.5.3 which could cause a blank page to be shown instead of your content.
- FIXED - An error which could appear which viewing pages created in Armadillo, on the live site, referencing a social sharing links setting.
- IMPROVED - Armadillo now checks if the database needs to be updated and displays a relevant message with a link to the dashboard.
- FIXED - Specified Blog Headlines are now correctly ordered when using the Newest and Oldest options
- FIXED - A message stating "The URL is incorrectly formatted and no content can be displayed." shown after updating to v2.5.0 has been fixed.
- FIXED - Updating from a prior version of Armadillo now checks for certain corner cases where some settings might not be specified, which could prevent the database upgrade from completing successfully.
- FIXED - Creating a new Armadillo site from scratch could result in a database error. This has been resolved.
- FIXED - The Blog Headlines stack now removes Markdown formatting from post preview text.
- NEW - The Blog Headlines stack has new options for font size, display order, and specifying text to indicate there is more content beyond the post preview.
- NEW - Multiple Blog support! Add as many blogs to a single site as you wish. Each one is independant of the others, with separate categories, tags, RSS feed, and settings.
- NEW - Dedicated Blog stack
- NEW - Blog Headlines stack; pull entries from any Armadillo blog and display them anywhere on your site.
- NEW - Dedicated login link stack
- IMPROVED - Polish localization adjustments.
- IMPROVED - Page no longer jumps to the top when clicking on a lightbox enabled link.
- IMPROVED - Adjustments to how login sessions are specified to improve compatibility with more hosting configurations.
- FIXED - A bug which would prevent the content editor from displaying for Solo Content inline editing when logged in as a "contributor".
- FIXED - The "Show More Posts" button now correctly retrieves only the specified posts when clicking on a tag/category/author/archive link.
- FIXED - Categories and Tags which were not associated with any post could not be deleted. This is now fixed.
- NEW - Auto creation of Solo Content! If you specify a Content ID which doesn't exist, you can now have Armadillo create this for you automatically, without needing to do so via the online dashboard! Make sure the "Auto Create?" option is selected in the Solo Content stack settings.
- IMPROVED - Localization additions
- FIXED - A regression introduced in the last update related to the lightbox is now fixed, and the lightbox functions correctly to automatically display linked images.
- FIXED - An issue which would display the wrong content for Solo Content stacks when used together with the main Armadillo stack.
- FIXED - The Post Summary content editor now displays the "Insert Image" button.
- FIXED - The automatic lightbox functionality now should not interfere with links in the content editor when editing Solo Content directly on the page.
- FIXED - An issue which could prevent menu items from being added to the main site navigation in certain situations when using the Foundation theme.
- IMPROVED - Armadillo now checks if the specified Content ID in a Solo Content stack is valid
- IMPROVED - Localization additions for upcoming Solo Content features
- FIXED - Solo Content is now hidden when you've saved it as a draft.
- FIXED - The process of creating the media folder has changed, and should be compatible with more hosting environments, particularly those with strict file permissions.
- FIXED - The "Import Armadillo Menu" functionality now references the correct core files so that menu items are added as expected.
- FIXED - Portions of the Polish localizations that were mistakenly in Portugese have been changed to Polish.
- FIXED - The Swedish locale should now be correctly specified so that Blog dates are displayed in Swedish.
- IMPROVED - Responsive style changes to prevent text overflow, and hiding lesser used elements to reduce screen clutter.
- IMPROVED - Spaces have been added around the author attribute Swedish phrase to improve legibility.
- IMPROVED - Additions to the Dutch and German localizations to display native phrases for the "Internal Links" feature.
- FIXED - The incorrect tooltip for post tags was being displayed.
- FIXED - A bug in the French localization which would prevent content from being loaded.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 837
- IMPROVED - Tweaks to the German and Finnish localizations to improve accuracy.
- IMRPOVED - Adjusted scripts for the Solo Content stack to reduce the possibility of conflicts with certain themes when editing directly inline on the page.
- FIXED - A bug which would prevent the content editor from loading if there were single quotes included as part of a category or tag.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 827
- FIXED - A bug caused by incomplete PHP tags which triggered an error on systems running PHP in strict mode.
- FIXED - Armadillo navigation items are no longer added to a theme's menu more than once.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 823
- IMPROVED - Swedish localization tweaks
- IMPROVED - Localization support for the text areas surrounding the table listing of posts, pages and solo content.
- CHANGED - The Blog URL option has been moved to the "Blog Options" section in the Settings tab.
- FIXED - A bug that would prevent the dashboard and content editor from appearing if the Blog URL option was not specified in the Settings tab.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 814
- NEW - Internal Links search capability on the content creation page, to more easily link to other posts and pages created in Armadillo.
- NEW - Armadillo will automatically detect and display a lightbox for links which point to an image file.
- NEW - Armadillo now adds the "imageStyle" class to all images embedded in your content, so that your theme's responsive styles targeting that class name will take affect.
- IMPROVED - German localization tweaks
- FIXED - The empty textarea markdown editor bug for Solo Content when editing directly on the page. The Preview tab is now enabled by default.
- FIXED - A bug where the fancybox close button would appear overlayed on top of the markdown editor when fullscreen.
- FIXED - A bug where previewing posts and pages would display the wrong page. Please note, you need to specify the blog URL in the Settings tab for this to work as expected.
- FIXED - An error which could occur when accessing the admin dashboard due to certain session variables not yet being set.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 789
- NEW - Swedish localization now available
- IMPROVED - Tweaked styles for the edit button in the solo content stack for more consistent display across various themes.
- IMPROVED - Armadillo now automatically recreates the stylesheet when it detects being updated from v1.x to v2.0
- FIXED - A bug which would prevent the backup localization file from being loaded.
- FIXED - A typo in the German localization file which would cause an error preventing you from logging into the dashboard.
- FIXED - A bug which would cause an error message to appear instead of the "update available" notification, on the user-facing website page.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 775
- NEW - Option to not display any default content on the page where the main Armadillo stack is located
- CHANGED - Icons on the main dashboard page now use FontAwesome
- IMPROVED - Some scripts were consolidated in order to reduce HTTP request and speed page loading times
- FIXED - An issue which could cause online setup to fail if the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES option was enabled in MySQL's .cnf file
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 773
- NEW - German and Italian localizations have been updated with the new messages added in v2.0.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 771
- NEW - Meta Tag templates: no need to hunt for the correct format for meta tags, just use the drop down menu to select the one you want, and edit it accordingly.
- NEW - Enabled Content Modes: you can now choose to hide, in the admin dashboard, content types that you don't plan on using, so that they aren't visible to users logging in to create content.
- NEW - Markdown editor now works when editing Solo Content directly on page.
- NEW - Dutch localizations for new v2.0 messages are now included.
- IMPROVED - English is now shown if the relevant message is not available in the selected language.
- FIXED - RSS links are now correctly generated based on the Blog URL you specify in Settings.
- FIXED - Changes made to Solo Content when editing directly on the page should now be saved correctly.
- FIXED - An issue preventing the creation of new content after updating from v1.x to v2.0
- FIXED - The number of "Allowed Login Attempts" applied by Armadillo now exactly matches what you select in Settings.
- KNOWN ISSUES
- The Markdown editor shown when editing Solo Content directly on the live page, will appear blank at first. Just click on the textarea and the content will appear in the editor as expected. I'm working on fixing this.
- Some language translations have not yet been updated to include the new messages for the recently introduced features, such as solo content, content modes and editor type selection
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 741
- NEW - Markdown support! Select Markdown as the content editor in the Settings tab to enable.
- NEW - Backup files are now prepended with the site hostname, i.e. www.example.com, to help distinguish them among other backup files.
- KNOWN ISSUES
- The "Enabled Content Mode" settings do not work. They are visible, but changes to them won't be saved or do anything at the moment.
- Language translations have not yet been updated to include the new messages for the recently introduced features, such as solo content, content modes and editor type selection
- The "Blog URL" text entry field in the Settings tab doesn't currently affect the generated links in the RSS feed (which don't work correctly at the moment).
- The Markdown editor is not displayed when editing Solo Content directly on the page, when Markdown is selected as the editor of choice. This will be added in a later build.
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 713
- NEW - Content editor updated to Redactor v10
- IMPROVED - Sidebar and Post Summary editors are displayed in a panel to help distinguish them from the main content editor
- IMPROVED - Category and Tags displayed in the text field when editing or creating new posts are styled with more contrast to ease visibility
- IMPROVED - Disabled the autocapitalization which occured on iOS devices when entering your username to login to the admin dashboard
- FIXED - Entering more than ~500 characters via the HTML edit mode should now save correctly
- FIXED - Full screen mode for the editor can now be disabled after it has been activated
- FIXED - Disabled sorting of the "Actions" column for the Media and Users tab
- FIXED - An edge case which would prevent you from creating new users if logged in under the correct Login ID but different capitalization, i.e. "admin" vs "Admin"
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 692
- NEW - Users now only see the content they have permission to access and edit
- NEW - Tooltips are back!
- NEW - Visual feedback when saving settings in the admin dashboard
- NEW - Visual feedback when making changes to solo content directly on the live page
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 664
- NEW - Armadillo no longer needs an .htaccess file when accessing the online console
- NEW - Admin users can now edit the content author for posts, pages and solo content
- IMPROVED - Styles for page displayed when deleting content in the admin panel now match the rest of the dashboard
- IMPROVED - The inline editor for Solo Content is now responsive, displaying a larger window for ease of editing
- IMPROVED - Various tweaks to notification displayed in the admin console
Armadillo 2.0.0 Build 623
- IMPROVED - Summary listing of posts, pages and content is cleaner
- FIXED - The inline editor for solo content (which allows you to directly edit content on the user-facing website) should now display correctly.
- FIXED - The Slim Application Error regarding the "HTTPS" variable, which occurs on some hosting configurations, is fixed.